Symptoms of Carbon Monoxide Poisoning

Carbon monoxide poisoning occurs when carbon monoxide builds up in your bloodstream. When too much carbon monoxide is in the air, your body replaces the oxygen in your red blood cells with carbon monoxide. This can lead to serious tissue damage, or even death.

Carbon monoxide is a colorless, odorless, tasteless gas produced by burning gasoline, wood, propane, charcoal or the fuel.

Symptoms of Carbon monoxide poisoning may include:
→ Dull headache
→ Weakness
→ Dizziness
→ Nausea or vomiting
→ Shortness of breath
→ Confusion
→ Blurred vision
→ Loss of consciousness

Exposure to carbon monoxide may be particularly dangerous for:
Unborn babies: This makes unborn babies more susceptible to harm from carbon monoxide poisoning.
Children: Young children take breaths more frequently than adults do, which may make them more susceptible
Older Adults: Older people who experience carbon monoxide poisoning may be more likely to develop brain damage
People who have chronic heart disease: People with a history of anemia and breathing problems also are more likely to get sick from exposure to carbon monoxide

Carbon monoxide poisoning can be particularly dangerous for people who are sleeping or intoxicated. People may have irreversible brain damage or even die before anyone realizes there’s a problem.
If you think you or someone you’re with may have carbon monoxide poisoning, get into fresh air and seek emergency medical care .

Love Thy Neighbor Home Care Services is a comprehensive home care agency licensed by the Georgia Department of Community Health provide light house keeping services.
Contact us today to see how our compassionate, dedicated caregivers can give the highest standard of care to assure the best possible outcome.Call us now at 678-892-9118 and speak with us about how we can meet your needs.

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *