With the health threat posed by the new coronavirus (COVID-19), it pays to be constantly vigilant about your health. Practice healthy lifestyle habits and preventive measures to reduce your risks of contracting the virus.
To help prevent the spread of the virus you should do the following:
- Wash your hands often. Use soap and water or an alcohol-based hand rub.
- Maintain a safe distance from anyone who is coughing or sneezing.
- Wear a mask when physical distancing is not possible.
- Don’t touch your eyes, nose, or mouth.
- Cover your nose and mouth with your bent elbow or a tissue when you cough or sneeze.
- Stay home if you feel unwell.
- If you have a fever, cough, and difficulty breathing, seek medical attention.
(Source: https://www.who.int/emergencies/diseases/novel-coronavirus-2019/advice-for-public )
It is also important that you stay up-to-date with the latest news and information from reliable sources, such as the World Health Organization (WHO), Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), and your local healthcare professionals and authorities. For your convenience, you can check out the link below:
- WHO Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19) Dashboardwww.covid19.who.int
- CDC COVID-19 Updateswww.cdc.gov
- Johns Hopkins Coronavirus Resource Centerwww.coronavirus
- CIDRAP: COVID-19www.cidrap.umn.edu
- Coronavirus Resources from the National Library of Medicinewww.nlm.nih.gov